Water Maintenance Division
Code Ordinance 25.267.A - Irrigation system restrictions
1. A property that is connected to the municipal water system is hereby restricted to irrigating during the following days and times between May 15 and October 1:
- A property with an even-numbered address shall only be allowed to irrigate on even-numbered dates within a month.
- A property with an odd-numbered address shall only be allowed to irrigate on odd-numbered dates within a month.
- If a property has mixed odd and even-numbered addresses or an undetermined address, the City Manager, or their designee, may assign an odd/even designation for compliance with this division.
- A property with a newly seeded or sodded lawn and newly planted trees, shrubs and bushes may, for the first twenty-one (21) days after planting, irrigate said new lawn or landscaping as often as required for growth.
2. Penalty for violation of subsection (1) of this section. Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500) or imprisonment for a period not to exceed ninety-three (93) days, or engagement in community service, or any combination of such fine, imprisonment and community service, at the discretion of the court, including the cost of prosecution.