New for 2022, all homeowners will be receiving a winter tax bill.
- The 2022 Summer tax bill is due September 1, 2022.
- The 2022 Winter tax bill is due February 14, 2023, without interest.
- If eligible, you may apply for a deferral of the Summer tax bill once the bills have been issued. You will need to complete a Summer Tax Deferral Form and include a copy of your Homestead Property Tax Credit form (MI 1040-CR) that was filed with your previous year's Michigan income tax return. If you are eligible and defer your Summer taxes, these taxes are due on February 15, 2023, along with your Winter taxes, without penalty or interest
- 2022 tax bills can be paid at City Hall through February 28, 2023.
- Effective March 1, 2023, all unpaid 2022 taxes must be paid to the Macomb County Treasurer, 1 South Main Street, Mt. Clemens, MI 48043, 586-469-5190, with additional penalties.
- Poverty applications will be accepted beginning February 1, 2022, for the 2022 tax season. You may obtain a copy of the application by contacting the Assessing Department at 586-447-3355.
- Effective May 1, 2022, all unpaid weed, sidewalk, and other miscellaneous bills have been transferred to the 2022 Summer tax bill.
For information about water bills, taxes, assessing and building permits by property address, go to Online BSA