- City Services
- On-Street Parking Permits
On-Street Parking Permits
Street parking is prohibited from 3 to 5 a.m. without a permit.
Residents can obtain a street parking permit from the police department if they don't have adequate room on their property to fit all their vehicles.
- Permits are not available for residents' convenience
- Commercial vehicles are prohibited in residential areas overnight and will not be issued permits
- Permits are issued annually
- There is a $20 approval charge
Temporary street parking permits are available for short-term needs (driveway replacement or out-of-town visitors) that require on-street parking.
A temporary permit can be issued at the front desk of the police department 24 hours a day.
Parking permits are granted by the SCS Police Department. You will need all vehicle registrations that exist on property (not just the vehicle(s) planned for street parking), including boats, trailers, RVs, etc.
- Permits are $20
- All vehicles must be registered at the residence
- All registrations must be current and not expired
- Photocopies of registrations are acceptable
- Only one trailer will count towards a total number of vehicles
- A temporary permit will be issued at the time of application
- A police officer will inspect the property before issuing or denying a permanent permit
- Homeowners do not need to be present at the time of inspection
- Inspections can take up to approximately five days
- All unlicensed vehicles must have a title and must be stored in the a garage
All permit vehicles must display the permit sticker on the driver's side windshield, approximately five inches from the dashboard. The car must match the description given to the police during the application.
Owners that sell or replace a vehicle with a permit must remove the old permit sticker (in pieces or whole).
Present the old sticker and registration for new/replacement vehicle to be issued a new permit.
You must renew your parking permit annually.
All permits expire in February of each year. You can renew your permit in January by showing all of the registrations for all of your vehicles.