Downtown Social District
Time to Socialize
From 5 PM-12 AM on select Saturdays, Greater Mack Ave will be closed from 9 Mile south to the 9 Mack/Cavalier Drive intersection.
We welcome you to join us this summer at the Downtown St. Clair Shores Social District to enjoy various activities throughout our downtown, including:
- Live Music
- Food Trucks
- Yard Games
- Great Food
- New Friends
- ...and so much more!
The Social District allows visitors to purchase alcoholic beverages from participating bars and restaurants and then enjoy them throughout the District's Common Area.
Visitors and non-residents welcome!
The current Commons Area hours of operation are 5 PM - 12 AM the following Saturdays:
- May 11 - Band TBA
- May 25 - Band TBA
- June 8 - Band TBA
- June 22 - Band TBA
- July 13 - Band TBA
- July 27 - Band TBA
- August 10 - Band TBA
- August 24 - Band TBA
- September 14 - Band TBA
- September 28 - Band TBA
- October 12 - Band TBA
- October 26 - Band TBA
A Social District allows for participating bars and restaurants to sell alcohol in a marked container to customers, that can then leave that establishment and move about within the Commons Area during Social District hours of operation.
A few important guidelines come with the granting of a Social District designation by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.
Social District Rules for the Public
- You cannot "bring your own" alcohol into the Social District
- Per our designation, alcohol may only be purchased from a Qualified Licensee. These include Copper Hop Brewing, Shores Inn, Cache Cocktails & Wine Bar, and Firehouse Pub.
- Do not take alcoholic beverages into another bar or restaurant it was not purchased on
- Do not take alcoholic beverages outside of the Social District unless the selling establishment seals the container
- Along with MLCC-issued designation and support of the city comes a responsibility to ensure the community is safe. As you enjoy our Social District with these designation guidelines in place, we ask that you please do not bring coolers to these events.
Any alcoholic liquor sold to customers for consumption in the Commons Area by a licensee with a Social District Permit must comply with all of the following:
- The serving container must prominently display the name of the licensee's trade name, logo, or some other mark that is unique to the licensee who sold the alcohol.
- The serving container must prominently display a logo or some other mark that's unique to the Commons Area.
- The serving container cannot be made of glass.
- The serving container does not have a liquid capacity of over 16 ounces.
Beverages may only be enjoyed from designated containers that feature the Downtown St. Clair Shores Social District logo inside the boundaries of the Commons Area.
Currently, there are four participating venues:
Other venues may be added as they receive their Social District permit from the State.
Want to be a vendor?
Download a Vendor Registration Form.
Vendor spots are available for event days for $50 per event:
- 10 ft x 10 ft space on the street
- Promote a business or sell merchandise
- No water or electric connections available
- Vendors must provide their own table, tent, chairs, signage, ect.
- Reserve a spot at least one week in advance of the event date
- Spots are not guaranteed until payment is received - reserve in advance for multiple weeks!
- Payments by check are preferred
- The street will be closed from 5 p.m. until midnight for each event.
- On the day of the event, Vendors need to arrive at 4 p.m. and go to the host stand at Shores Inn Food & Spirits to receive their placement for the event and start unloading their items from their vehicles.
- Vendors will not be allowed to enter the street after 4:30 p.m.
- Vehicles must be moved to a nearby parking lot due to the street closing for the event.
- Vendors are welcome to stay as late as they desire!